My Shopping List
Easy Halloween Truffles
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 1 Hr.
Cook Time: n/a
Chill Time: 1 Hr. 50 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Bittersweet Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into pieces
+ 1/4 c. whipping cream
+ 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
+ 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S White Chocolate (6 oz.), divided
+ yellow and red food colorings (3 drops yellow and 2 drops red)
+ 3 Tbsp. BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, tinted orange (see Note)
+ black decorating gel
What to do:
1. Microwave bittersweet chocolate, cream and butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted; cover. Freeze 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Use teaspoon to scoop and roll chocolate mixture into 20 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Freeze 20 min.
2. Microwave 3 oz. white chocolate in clean microwaveable 1-cup measuring cup or small bowl 1 to 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside. Repeat with remaining white chocolate in separate bowl; stir in food colorings. Cool chocolates completely.
3. Dip 10 chocolate balls in tinted chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate balls and untinted chocolate. Decorate orange truffles with coconut to resemble pumpkins. Use decorating gel to draw eyes and mouths on white truffles to resemble ghosts. Refrigerate 30 min. or until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
* Size Wise: Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
* How to Tint Coconut: Place BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Add 1 to 2 drops each of red and yellow food coloring; close bag and shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
* For Easier Dipping: Use a toothpick to dip the truffle into melted white chocolate; shake off excess chocolate then place truffle on waxed-paper. This may leave just a small hole on top that can be covered with a tiny dab of chocolate.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 210; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 30mg;