My Shopping List
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 1 Hr.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 5 Min
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
+ 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
+ 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (6 oz.)
+ 3 c. powdered sugar
+ 1/3 c. butter, softened
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ 1/4 c. milk
+ 13 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
+ 4 Halloween OREO Cookies, split
+ 2 Tbsp. Halloween sprinkles
+ 8 pieces black licorice
+ 18 pieces candy corn
+ 4 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
+ 1/2 c. PLANTERS FLAVOR GROVE Cocoa and Cinnamon Almonds
+ 4 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
What to do:
1. Prepare cake batter and beat the dry pudding mix into the batter before pouring into prepared 13x9-inch pan. Bake as directed on package, Cool cake 10 min.; invert onto wire rack. Remove pan; cool cake completely.
2. Melt chocolate as directed on package; cool 5 min. Pour into large bowl. Add sugar, butter and vanilla; beat with mixer on low speed until well blended. Gradually beat in milk until well blended and of spreading consistency.
3. Transfer cake to cutting board; cut into pieces as shown in Diagram 1*. Arrange cake pieces on tray or platter as shown in Diagram 2*, securing pieces together with some of the frosting.
4. Frost cake with remaining frosting. Decorate with remaining ingredients as shown in photo.
* For Diagram 1 and Diagram 2, go to: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/haunted-house-127641.aspx
* Size Wise: Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
* Invasion of Black Bats & Cats: Prepare Bats & Cats Chocolate Halloween Cookies. Decorate as desired. Arrange around decorated cake just before serving.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 510; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 74g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 57g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 490mg;