My Shopping List
Pumpkin Head Treats
Courtesy of Kellogg's®
Serve With:Servings: 12
This recipe is perfect for little hands to roll and mold. Whip up a batch for a whole pumpkin patch!
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
+ 1 pkg. (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows OR 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
+ Red food coloring
+ Yellow food coloring
+ 6 c. Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal OR 6 c. Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
+ Canned frosting or decorating gel
+ Assorted candies
What to do:
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. To tint orange stir in red and yellow food coloring, if desired.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. To tint orange, stir in red and yellow food coloring, if desired. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
* For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
* Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
* Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.