My Shopping List
North Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 10
Prepared coleslaw, fresh roasted corn on the cob
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 4 1/2 Hr.
Marinate: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder or butt roast
+ 2 c. cider vinegar
+ 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
+ 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
+ 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ black pepper
+ hot pepper sauce, to taste
+ 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
+ 4 c. wood chips,(use hickory or oak for best flavor)
What to do:
1. In medium bowl, combine vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Divide sauce into two portions; set aside.
2. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover; drain before using.
3. Rub meat with salt and black pepper.
4. In a charcoal grill with a cover, place preheated coals around a drip pan for medium indirect heat. Add 1/2-in hot water to drip pan. Sprinkle half of the drained wood chips over the coals. Place meat on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill about 4 hrs. or until meat is very tender. Add more preheated coals (use a hibachi or a metal chimney starter to preheat coals), wood chips and hot water every 1 to 1 1/2 hrs..
5. Remove meat from grill; cover with foil and let stand for 20-30 min.
6. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands. Pour sauce over shredded meat; toss to coat. Serve on toasted buns. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
* Note: For gas grills, preheat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go. The heat circulates inside the grill, so turning the food is not necessary.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Riesling/Rhine, Pinot Noir, Gewürztraminer
Calories: 397; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 94mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 572mg;