My Shopping List
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Texas Caviar
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 2 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 pork tenderloins (16 oz.)
+ round wooden toothpicks
+ 12 slices bacon, thick sliced
+ salt, to taste
+ pepper, to taste
+ 3 (15 oz. ea.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed (about 4 c.)
+ 1/2 c. green onion, thinly sliced
+ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
What to do:
1. For Texas Caviar, combine black-eyed peas and green onion in large bowl. Stir together olive oil, chili powder and vinegar. Add oil mixture to black-eyed pea mixture; stir until evenly coated. Cover; marinate at room temperature for 2-4 hrs., stirring occasionally.
2. At least 15 min. before grilling, soak toothpicks in enough water to cover. Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
3. Bring 1-1/2-in. of water to boil in large skillet. Meanwhile, cut each tenderloin into 6 pieces, making 1 1/2-1 3/4-in.-thick medallions. Lightly season with salt and pepper; set aside.
4. Add bacon to boiling water; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 1 min. Drain, cool slightly. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each medallion, securing with soaked toothpicks.
5. Grill bacon-wrapped medallions, cut sides down and uncovered, over direct heat for 12-15 min. or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F, turning medallions over halfway during grilling. Transfer medallions to serving platter and allow to rest 3 min. Remove toothpicks; serve medallions with Texas Caviar.
* Be sure to use plain black-eyed peas. Some canned varieties are seasoned.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 480; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 43g; Sodium: 940mg;